I have lost my last postings before the save by accident…
I try now to write a short conclusion:
1. the images are (mostly) stored on the original "en"glish pages like:
= [[image en:start-a-wiki/Start_Wiki_01c.jpg style="border: 1px solid black"]] from the page
I would like to use copied txt sources from the original pages instead of screenshots and their difficult translations…but this is not always possibke.
Like in the site manager: we have no chancew to get the "view source" - their are no edit buttons available.
They< are available but all we get is the
[[module ManageSite ]]
Please do not modify this page.
And this doe snot help fpr copy tries.
What I would suggest for the Site manager and all its sub-Menus:
We should insert at the http://handbook.wikidot.com/en:site-creation-for-beginners
a point for the Site manager alone: but with only the menu structure as the main explanations.
The problems for me was at the beginning to FIND the correct menu point WHERE I have to do my solutions…
Your http://handbook.wikidot.com/achille page ( the sandbox with the Site manager entry screen ) is a good example ,
that we will have such point first in an italian language and have than this to "translate" in english and following.
This Site manager should be positioned after the welcome screen as the
3. menu point:
|Site creation for beginners
|Start A Wiki
First Steps On A New Wiki
Public Or Private
Title (not the URL !)
Technical page settings(permissions)
Menu structure (nav:)
Inviting Members, Email
and at this page we can link internal to all other relevant explanations or otherway round , from the extra translated pages ( like private or public( we can link back to this extra opstitioned Site manager page.
1. I will give you the members rights on the handbook ( sorry to be so late) and after this the admin rights.
2. Uplaod YOUR Images on the "empty" Site manger page ( it is a good screnshot for the entry screen)
3. Embedd your Images on your sandbox back to the en:Site manger page ( that means we have all the images on on language stored..
( if the content of the screenshot contains italian explanations - duplicate the image file with -it-extentsions in the name to find it later oj the original eblish page…
4. Some one should fill in the menue-points in their different deep of the Side bar menu on the page with short explanations.
Achille, gerdami, Phil, Is it OK So ?